Daily Shot is National Geographic Traveller India’s daily photo contest.
People define places. Our next theme—#FacesofTravel—puts a lens on portrait photography, calling all photographers on our feed to send in their finest works from their worldly journeys. The frame must capture the subject(s)—natives or tourists—in their natural element, whilst also weaving in the landscape. Think locals enjoying an afternoon chat in Rajasthan, monks meditating under a tree in Thailand or tourists navigating the streets of Italy on a retro scooter.
Remember to bear in mind the ethics of portrait photography while submitting your entries. Note: Selfies and pictures of minors will be disqualified.
Entries that best do justice to the theme will be featured on Nat Geo Traveller India’s homepage and across all our social media. We will showcase a Daily Shot on our social media channels and website every day, and the top three will get featured in the magazine. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to keep track of the winners, but don’t worry if you miss the announcement; you will also be notified by email if you are selected.
Feel free to experiment with moods and subjects; we like unusual and striking points of view. So send us your favourite photos of structures that make an impact along with detailed information about where the picture was taken and what is happening in the photo. Do tell us the story behind the photograph, so we can share it with our readers when you win. All overworked and doctored images will be instantly disqualified.
How do I enter? Use the form below to submit your Daily Shot image (max 3MB) along with your full name, email, postal address, and a brief description of the photograph and why you like it. If you have a Twitter/Instagram handle, include that too so we can shout out to you when your image is selected. There’s a winner every day, so hurry.
One last thing Don’t forget to read the terms and conditions listed below.
• Photos must meet the following requirements: JPG or JPEG file format, 72dpi. Ideally, the photo dimensions should be 1024x768 pixels.
• Photographs should not have been previously published in any print and digital media.
• Minimal photo editing is permissible, but altering the photograph is not allowed. We assume that every photo submission is legitimate. However, if a photo is suspected of alteration, it will be rejected. The final decision rests with the editorial staff.
• By submitting your photographs you accept that you are the copyright owner of the photograph and that you agree to our terms and conditions.
Under our terms and conditions, the photographer owns the copyright and simultaneously grants the National Geographic Society and Amar Chitra Katha Pvt. Ltd., its affiliates and licensees worldwide royalty-free rights, and perpetual licence to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivatives of such photographs, in whole or in part and in any medium, for editorial, commercial, promotional, and/or trade purposes. In the event it is claimed that the photographs submitted by you infringes any person’s copyright, you agree to indemnify against all costs, expenses, losses, fines etc. incurred, borne or suffered by National Geographic Society and/or Amar Chitra Katha Pvt. Ltd.
• All Daily Shot participants must be above 18 years of age. Submissions can be made on behalf of minors by parents or guardians.